Get the compensation you deserve!
Answer a few basic questions in our free online evaluation to see if you qualify
FREE CASE REVIEW
Get in contact with an attorney for a free consultation to discuss your options
LET US FILE YOUR CLAIM
We will prepare and file your claim on your behalf at no cost to you.
The Risk Behind Allergan® Breast Implants
- Studies have shown an increased risk of cancer, specifically BIA-ALCL, linked to Allergan's® now-recalled BIOCELL® textured breast implants and tissue expanders.
- Hundreds of women have been affected by these recalled implants - some even developing breast implant cancer. Lawsuits are mounting against Allergan® and other potentially responsible parties.
- The FDA and the World Health Organization (WHO) have distinguished BIA-ALCL as a type of cancer that can develop after breast implant surgery.
- Approximately 36% (12 out of 33) of cases involving BIA-ALCL-related deaths have been attributed to the product manufacturer Allergan®. Research from the FDA indicates that Allergan® textured implants are the culprit, and smooth (non-textured) implants have not been linked to this cancer.
- According to recent lawsuits, plaintiffs are claiming that the company knew of the risks of their textured implants long before they recalled select products in 2019.
- The company began selling implants in 2006 and issued several long-term tests to assess their safety and performance. However, plaintiffs claim that Allergan® did not report safety concerns to the FDA through proper channels.
This Advertisement is not associated with Allergan®, BIOCELL® or any government agency.
ATTORNEY ADVERTISING. This Website is not intended to provide medical advice. Consult your doctor or physician before starting or stopping any medication.
Discontinuing a prescribed medication without your doctor’s advice can result in injury or death. Recoveries are not an indication of future results. Every case is evaluated on its own facts and circumstances. Valuation depends on facts, injuries, jurisdiction, venue, witnesses, parties, and testimony, among other factors. No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. Shield Legal does not itself provide legal services. Cases will be referred to third party attorneys and law firms. Do not rely on this advertisement in making any medical decision. Please call your physician before making any medical decision, including altering your use of any drug. Court costs and case expenses may be the responsibility of the client. Not available in all states. This advertisement is not intended as a testimonial, endorsement or dramatization, and does not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter, either express or implied. Anyone considering a lawyer should independently investigate the lawyers' credentials and ability, and not rely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise.